Stihl BG86C Leafblower (2016)

dubba

Threads
Hi folks, it's been a while since I've posted anything. Good to be back. On the type and model listed above, is the fuel tank removable? If so, how? I have the service manual and there is nothing. It looks like it should but could the manufacturer have used an adhesive? Thank you.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It is bonded to the RH handle half it is attached to and not available separately. So to remove the tank you must disassemble the handle.
1675343402872.png

dubba

Threads
It is bonded to the RH handle half it is attached to and not available separately. So to remove the tank you must disassemble the handle.
View attachment 63348
Good morning Star Tech, as the saying goes...."No further questions your honor"!! Thank you for your help. Looking at the picture, it now makes sense. If I may ask, where is this picture from? It reminds me of Partstree.com but they do not carry Stihl equipment/parts or information. Again, thank you my day will be better knowing I'm not mad!! Lol

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It from the IPL of the BG86, 86C that I have on file here.

1675353274712.png

dubba

Threads
Thank you StarTech. I do believe that type of info in a notebook form would look nice in the garage file cabinet!! 🤓

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
He is teasing us. He wants to know how many people tried to click on the pdf files in the pic he posted LoL

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Actually I don't want to know but yes that just a snip screen shot of my file directory. The directory if zipped would be nearly 1 GB in size and contain Stihl 301 files currently.

See Stihl restricts these files to dealers in the US and regular dealers have direct online access to all the files. I don't but have a source where I can get the info when I need it and I keep a copy of files on my Google drive and local drive.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nice!
since i have a tax free commercial account with the local JD/Stihl dealer they let me lookup parts on their system. It's better than nothing.