stalls under load

jefftinker

Threads
I have a craftsman-Kohler 16.5hr OHV model CV16S-43527 in runs well but when I put a load on it by putting it in gear or engaging the blades it stalls out.
I have already replaced the fuel filter and fuel lines and calibrator but it still stall's out under a load. what can it be now?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is it puffing lots of smoke in the air cleaner housing fron the valve cover? Possible blown head gasket.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Start the mower, apply the brake then got off and manually push the governor rod to slowly increase the engine speed.
If the engine accelerates cleanly to full speed then you have a problem with the governor.
If the engine faulters then you have a problem with the fuel or ignition.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
releasing the brake pedal or engaging the deck could also be a seat switch issue.

jefftinker

Threads
Start the mower, apply the brake then got off and manually push the governor rod to slowly increase the engine speed.
If the engine accelerates cleanly to full speed then you have a problem with the governor.
If the engine faulters then you have a problem with the fuel or ignition.
I replaced the fuel filter and line and the carburetor. can I bypass the ignition to fix it

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't care
All we need to know is what happens when you do the test I asked you to do .

AVB

Threads
I have the seat switch by passed and diabled.
How you did this bypassing needs to be known as there different type operator present systems.

How you do this depends on the make and model. Some seat switches are normal open and other are normal closed. Some are grounding circuits, some are relay control circuits. Some seat swtich have built-in devices that prevent you from simply unplugging them. We need the make and model number the mower to determine which you have.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Temporarily disconnect the mag wire and report what happens.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
If it's stalling when you put it in gear and/or engaging the blades, then I see no other reason to stall, other than a seat safety switch. But that begs the question as to how it's starting. Unless you're starting it with the clutch pressed. Try starting it without the clutch pressed. if it starts without pressing the clutch/brake, then I don't see how it could be the seat switch.