SRM-225 Getting shocked

Patrick B

Forum Newbie
Joined
May 31, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
2
I have a SRM-225 for 8-9 years and never had any problems with it. This year it started right up as usual. As I started weed whacking I was getting shocked on the back of my right hand by one of the screws in the handle. I looked for any damaged wires but didn't find any. Any suggestions what it could be?
 

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Joined
Mar 11, 2012
Threads
47
Messages
11,526
If you are really getting an electrical shock, it would have to be coming from the coil. If that is the case the unit would be running rough. Check the spark plug wire and kill switch wiring. First, check that screw, making sure it does not have a sharp point, causing a shocking sensation.
 

Patrick B

Forum Newbie
Joined
May 31, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
2
Thanks for the reply. The weed wacker runs good, no missing at all. Checked the wires in the handle but did not check the switch. Nothing sharp on the handle. At first I thought I got hit with a rock but when it happened again in the same spot, the only thing I could think of was I was getting shocked. If the engine hit my arm it would happen.
 

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Joined
Nov 29, 2014
Threads
48
Messages
18,304
Run it in the dark and look for flashes .
Could just be a nerve in your arm
 

Xmark

Forum Newbie
Joined
May 31, 2021
Threads
0
Messages
1
I do occasionally feel a shocking sensation from both of my echoes, but I don't know why. It just doesn't happen too often for me, but still, I can relate.
 
Top