Solenoid wiring

landrus60

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yardman 13AN772G729
Solenoid went bad. Purchased a new one. First off let me say that MTD couldn't have put the solenoid in a worst place. It is so difficult to remove and rewire.
None the less, I was able to get the solenoid rewired, but I get nothing from it. Not sure it is grounded well. Here is my problem. There are two spade terminals on the part, with 2 wires that I removed from the old solenoid. Does it matter which side the wires so to? One is green and the other orange with a yellow stripe. I see not other way to ground the device other than the two mounting bolts. Please some one help me get my mower up and running again.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The ones with the two big terminals and the two small terminals don't ground through the base. Most likely you either have a fuse problem, battery problem or a safety switch problem. And you are right they put that thing in the most inconvenient location for testing or replacement.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
One of those small wires should go battery voltage when the key is in the start position & the other should be always ground
Either way round is fine it does not matter
In that awkward position ( gross understatement ) they are very well protect from the weather so rarely give problems
OTOH the wiring does