Software

lefty2cox

Threads
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for software to run a landscaping, tree care, or other similar business. It's actually for pesticide treatment but I think there's some crossover as it is a similar type of business.

I apologize if this is not an appropriate question for the sub-forum but wasn't sure where to place it.

Thank you very much.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Linux Lite. Free and VERY easy to convert over from Windoze. From what I've found in Linux distros, Linux Lite is the most "window" like OS out there.

Or are you talking about landscaping software specifically? If this is the case I have no clue.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Any of the major business book keeping soft wear will have a preset set up that will suit. MYOB , QuickBooks etc etc etc
Some wholesalers also offer "free" softwear but most involve your computer automatically ordering supplies from them .
Most have a free trial version so download a couple and run them in parallel to see which you find easiest.
Also talk to your accountant because using one that they can work with will make tax & payrol a lot easier .
FWIW, I run my business manually with nothing but my diary , cheque book & deposit book ( cheque listing type )
But I do keep a parallel set of figures in MYOB for the accountant.
ANother trick I learned is to set up 2 files.
One is a master file , has all of the customers, suppliers, staff etc entered in but no actual numbers , although if you set up a reoccuring transaction then you will need to put at least 1¢ in each account.
At the end of each year I copy that file, call it " Berts ( tax year ) "
So eventually I have ended up with a pile of data files , one for each financial year .
This way you do not have to close the previous financial year , ever .
Australian tax rules are probably different to USA ones but this works well for me as some clients are very slow payers & some jobs will span the financial year.
When the previous year is finally finished, then I put in the closing account balances for the previous year as the starting balances for the new year.
Thus if there is one of "those" errors some where that you can not find you can burry it in the previous years data file .

lefty2cox

Threads
Thanks guys. Sorry for the delay...for some reason I either didn't get or overlooked the email notification that there were replies here.

No, it's not for landscaping specifically. I'm looking for something that will handle scheduling for recurring customer site visits for pesticide application, plant care, etc. Seems to be a similar business model to landscaping so I thought I'd look in that direction.