Snow Blower

66vette

Threads
I just purchased a new Snow Blower Model 512 with electric lift. Will I be able, after I clearing my asphalt driveway in front of the house just lift the snow blower an 1" and continue clearing my gravel driveway that goes out to my detached garage. The snow blower skids will not be touching the gravel they will be 1" above the gravel, or will I have to fabricate bolt on skid plates that fasten to the skid plates already on the snow blower to raise the snow blower the additional 1" and slide on the gravel? My older snow blower had the locking handle manual lift that I was able to lift above the driveway surface and continue blowing snow.

ErnieN85

Threads
You can just bump it up a bit. however, because of tire flex it doesn't work just perfect.
If you previously had a grasshopper blower with a manual lift you will know what I mean about tire flex as it kind of bounces a bit. also some of the stones will stick to the snow anyway and get blown

66vette

Threads
On my previous 2000 grasshopper 721 I was able to lock the snow blower about 1" or more of the ground when blowing my gravel driveway. I am concerned that all of the weight with the addition of the snow and the blower rotation will all be on the motor assembly. Will the assembly be able to handle this weight including pushing the snow into the blower.

66vette

Threads
That is good to hear, so what you are telling me that the motor lift assembly is able to lock in at a certain height and the bottom skids are in mid air and it will blow snow with no problem and not damage the lift mechanism.