Snow Blower

rhonda42

Threads
Can anyone recommend a good make and model for a basic snow blower ? I'm getting too old to shovel each year. My driveway is approximately 200 feet long and about 20 feet wide. I can only afford about $500.

oldyellr

Threads
If you can only afford $500 and don't want to buy a used one, you're probably limited to a small single stage machine. These are for light duty use on smooth, level, paved driveways. If you're on a hill, a gravel driveway, need to bust through frozen drifts, a 2-stage with multiple forward speeds and reverse is recommended. Most of these now have a plug-in electric start, which helps if you're lax with the maintenance.

dusty-t

Threads
Exactly how much do you use a snowblower in florida. Give us a description of your driveway. Slope? Gravel? Asphalt? Concrete. Like oldyellr says $500.00 will only get you a single stage in a new thrower. But you may be able to pick up a good used two stage blower for $500.00. Keep us posted.:biggrin: Dusty

briggs

Threads
A 2 stage sears craftsman with an 8hp 26 inch cut would be perfect ...I have sold many of them and never had a prob with them .... They work good

rekees

Threads
From Consumer Reports

Attachments

• snowblowers.jpg
    snowblowers.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 23