snow blower to maintin city propteries

jeyf

Forum Newbie
Threads
any reconditions for:
a gas powered snow blower or broom that would be easy to lift on/off a pickup to do city sidewalks.

-this is in the Denver area so a moderate storm is always possible.
-Sidewalks here are required to be cleared in 48 hours after a storm.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Back pack blower for the small powder?
Some commercial honda blower with some ramps that you can easily be built to load up and down.
Power broom works, but it creates a pile so you need to know where to put it and if there is a lot of snow you won't win.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Small 2 stage is best couple ramps

jeyf

Forum Newbie
Threads
hoping to avoid the ramps

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Toro single stage can easily be lifted in and out

possum

Threads
Around here the single stage is used by those who lift them in and out of a truck. In Denver snows I would get a Toro as they seem to like the deeper snows the best. Do yourself a favor and get a lift of some sort or at least some ramps. You will be glad many years from now.

jeyf

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks everyone for their replies!!!!

the Toro and the Honda single stage units look the same? anyone have a preference?
-is there a gas powered snow shovel?
-what units have been out there last year and worked as expected; maybe a good used purchase?

actually dosnt snow that much in Denver; its a high land desert, normally dry sunny.
-you can get an odd storm hit just right and caves in 10% of the city roofs but generally we expect a mild winter this year.
-not for home use, intended for metro city property management, performance, moderate co$t

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Honda hs35 single stage it works fantastic and is cheaper than the good toro single stage, the toro single stage I've used top of the line and man....it is sooo nice both are liftable both work great I prefer the toro but my wallet prefers the Honda.

possum

Threads
With an average of 5 feet of snow per year you are going to need a good unit.

Flintmotorsports

Threads
If I was you I would look into the ariens Path Pro is it a light single stage unit with a Chute on it so you can
put the snow where you want it and these units are also very easy to service so you don't have to tare it all apart
it has a access panel on the top to reach everything so check it out and let us know what you think