snow blower tire

cobalt123

Threads
Hi
I am looking for some info about my craftsman snow blower model number is 944524410
when the tire is losing air is there an inner tube that needs to be fixed or
is it like a car tire and you fix the tire edges with tire Bead sealer
and what would the tire size number be and I have no number on my
tires and are they hard to change .

thank you

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The may or may not have a tube, most likely they are tubeless. Changing them could be difficult depending on experience and tools that you have. Best I can come up with is a 13 x 4 tire with the K478 tread. May be a special tire size since none of the parts diagram appear to sell the tire and rim separately.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Dang, parts direct has a tire for $95...
if you have a Harbor freight, Northern tool, or any other Farm and ranch/ hardware store near by, they usually have a good selection of the small pneumatic tires. usually ranging from $10 to $25 Or so.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Dang, parts direct has a tire for $95...
if you have a Harbor freight, Northern tool, or any other Farm and ranch/ hardware store near by, they usually have a good selection of the small pneumatic tires. usually ranging from $10 to $25 Or so.
That is the tire rim combination if you are looking by part number

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The tire aize should be on the side of the tire. Inflate the tire to pressure listed on the side of the tire and spray soapy water all over it and look for the leak or submerge the tire in a bucket of water and look for the leak. You can get a tube and install with some effort.

Cusser

Threads
I'm near Prescott, Arizona and I have a lawn tractor and a pull cart, and 2 acres full of thorny things. So punctures are common on these, and on our bicycles. If a tube, can simply replace or repair the tube (like on a bicycle), not expensive. If tube, or if tubeless, try unscrewing the schraeder valve and trying Slime from the auto parts store, Walmart, Harbor Freight, etc., that's what I do.

Also: get metal valve cap, or the newer plastic ones that contain a real rubber seal. Most schaeder valves leak some, and a good sealing cap is imperative.

cobalt123

Threads
Hi
I would like to thank you all
for your great information
was able to solve my problem with the snow blower tires
ready for winter thanks to you all

thank you