Snow and mow

mvschaefer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’m mowing 3acres and plowing a 600 ft driveway (up to 12”) Currently I use a jd 430 but looking for something newer. Anyone have experience with a plow on a ztr?

Bennypsymn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Секрет евреев: Еврейские мужчины лечат простатит за 2-3 недели!
Один раз в жизни! Раз и навсегда! Узнаем как... https://txxzdxru.diarymaria.com/

cruzenmike

Threads
I’m mowing 3acres and plowing a 600 ft driveway (up to 12”) Currently I use a jd 430 but looking for something newer. Anyone have experience with a plow on a ztr?

Can be done, and have seen it on YouTube but I would only advise on something with commercial hydrostatics, 3400's or higher.

This is where it gets tough; ZTRs make excellent mowers, but they sacrifice versatility for the sake of being a task focused machine. I do not know what your budget is, but you could always look into a Deere X590. It has a Kawasaki EFI, hydraulic deck and plow lift (when equipped) and a differential lock. It's about as good as you can get without going into a subcompact tractor. I would skip over the Deere x700 series in favor of a Kubota BX1880 with the front plow and mid mount mower if you want even more versatility.

If I am way off and you you want to spend as little as possible, you could pick up a Cub Cadet GT50 which has a slightly better transmission than those prices similarly and MTD makes a 42 or 46 inch plow with manual lift that will work. I am also a fan of Terra-treads instead of chains. They are rubber straps that go around the tires so that you don't mess up concrete.