Snapper SR140 clutch problem

Tloftis

Forum Newbie
Threads
My snapper comet will not pull in low gear second gear and sometimes third gear but when you put it in the higher gears it will take off from a dead stop. It be appears to be slipping and it has a brand new clutch friction on it and I adjusted the engine flywheel down appropriately per the manuals instructions. The clutch disc is dead flat with no wear marks. The only thing I can think of that might be slipping is the inside friction which appears to be new. I think that when I put it in the lower gears it spins but when I put it in the higher gears it seems to act like it finally starts to buy it and get traction and take off but if you run into high grass or anything to tax the engine at all it starts to act like it's going in neutral but it always appears to work in reverse. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I even lowered the clutch disc more than it was supposed to be thinking that it would get a better grip. It did not nothing changed.

Mow Joe

Threads
Check the yoke (the thing with the big slot that rocks back and forth when clutching) for excessive wear. They tend to get notches worn in them in the most used speeds, usually the lower gears. The more notch, the less tension pressing against the drive disc.