Snapper riding tractor 25081515BE

poppahank

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a riding tractor 8hp snapper 250815BE model. It is supposed to kill when you get off of the seat, it is not doing so. I replaced the safety switch that is controlled by the brake/clutch pedal and now I do not have to sit on the seat or press the brake in to start it. Otherwise it start and runs find. Any ideas on what is going on? Safety switch only connects one way I checked that.
Thanks

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a riding tractor 8hp snapper 250815BE model. It is supposed to kill when you get off of the seat, it is not doing so. I replaced the safety switch that is controlled by the brake/clutch pedal and now I do not have to sit on the seat or press the brake in to start it. Otherwise it start and runs find. Any ideas on what is going on? Safety switch only connects one way I checked that.
Thanks
Seat switch sounds bad or wiring is faulty to it. If you sit on the seat it should open the circuit allowing the ignition coil to fire. When you get off the seat, seat switch should short out or go 0 Ohms and kill the ignition/engine. Think all the safety switches are wired in series. I'd have to check the schematic on that one. Some of the others should chime in with more concrete answers. If you ground out the coil wire, it should kill the ignition to the spark plug.

slomo

poppahank

Forum Newbie
Threads
Seat switch sounds bad or wiring is faulty to it. If you sit on the seat it should open the circuit allowing the ignition coil to fire. When you get off the seat, seat switch should short out or go 0 Ohms and kill the ignition/engine. Think all the safety switches are wired in series. I'd have to check the schematic on that one. Some of the others should chime in with more concrete answers. If you ground out the coil wire, it should kill the ignition to the spark plug.

slomo
I checked the seat switch it tested good. I even disconnected the switch , still runs. I jumped the plug in, still runs. I can start and run the mower without being seated or having pushed clutch in. Has new clutch/brake switch. The only thin I did was put new clutch/brake safety switch on it. Thanks