Snapper RE rider 3312x6s circa 2003 brake help

Atlsud

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good day all!

I’m looking for assistance for my rear engine rider that is not braking. I have the parts manual but having trouble locating the parts for the braking mechanism in the manual.

I have the one pedal model that disengages the clutch and brakes at the same time. I noticed that the band for the accessory brake is missing on my rider but the metal cup/small drum is there. Part for the band brake is not even pictured in my manual.

The brake mechanism inside the friction disc assembly is there but not sure how that is engaged. The mower currently has no brake. I’m thinking the cable needs adjusting but not sure how to trouble shoot this.

I’m hoping that someone with an older model like mine can provide some assistance or pictures so I can see if I’m missing any critical pieces.

Thank you!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Need your mower model number. Have a feeling Snapper made more than one mower.

Mow Joe

Threads
The braking lever/mechanism is attached to the bottom of the chain case and rides inside the clutch hub. Several things could cause it to be inoperable (pad missing, engaging rollers missing, whole lever missing, twisted yoke, belt/cables out of adjustment, etc.). Without having the mower in front of me, it's hard to say.

BTW, your mower is late 80's vintage.