Snapper Pro Zero Turn Riding Mower

hogan36

Threads
Greetings,

I have a Snapper Pro Zero Turn Riding Mower (48 inch cutting deck) with a Kawasaki Engine and 19.0 HP. I let someone do my wire harness because the wrong ignition switch was hooked up to it which caused the wire harness to catch on fire. I put the wire harness on along with a brand new ignition switch and it still refuses to crank. Could it be a issue with the wires not being done right? Is there anything else I need to check or replace? Everything was working before the wrong ignition switch was put on it. All of the fuses are good. It has a good hot battery. It won't say anything at all.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Inspect all ground wires & cables by hand making sure they are tight & secure.

Good idea, absolutely add ground strap from negative post on battery to frame/chassis.
Post Snapper model & serial numbers please so we can find wiring schematic for your ZTR.
Absolutely add ground wire to frame from Negative post on battery.

Last edited:

hogan36

Threads
Inspect all ground wires & cables by hand making sure they are tight & secure.
Thank you for your response. I went to AutoZone and replaced the hot post cable and the ground post cable. They both are good and tight on both ends. Anything else I should be concerned about? By the harness being burnt up, would a ground wire fasten to the frame anywhere? I have a place on the post where I can add a ground wire.
The new negative cables that I added on there, can I run a ground wire to the negative cable and fasten it to the frame? Would that make a difference? Would that serve the same purpose? I don't see anything else. I haven't took anything else apart besides the wire harness and ran the 2 cables.

Last edited: