Snapper Big Six

Thalweg

Threads
I picked up this Snapper Big Six last fall. It had been sitting in the garage at work for the better part of 20 years with a broken lever for the speed selector. Instead of getting that welded, they just bought a new mower. The boss decided to clean out the garage, so I offered $10 for the mower, and they accepted. I took it home, welded the handle, went through the carburetor, and changed the oil. Runs like a champ. In all the years sitting there, the engine cover got broken. I can't find a replacement. Does anyone know where I might be able to get one? (It's sitting out in the horse barn covered in hay over the winter).
1676337517204.jpeg

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thank you for that. I do actually do that search whenever I think about it. I don't know if this is a rare mower or not, but I haven't seen any parts for them show up whenever I remember to look.

Thanks again. I'll keep looking.
Remove engine cover & post all numbers from sticker, plate, or stamped into blower housing etc.
Model xxxxxx, Type xxxx, Trim xx, Code xxxxxxxx.

upupandaway

Threads
I can't find a replacement. Does anyone know where I might be able to get one?
I have one of those covers laying around. It is used so it is not perfect and it is black, not red.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would pull the engine cover and clean out all the mice motels going on under there.

Thalweg

Threads
No mice motels. It's in the horse barn for the winter, surrounded by hay. It'll get blown off in a couple of months when the snow melts.