snapper 7800417 can't find part

suepic

Threads
Hi everyone, I have a snapper 7800417 walk behind, It is a great machine except the control assembly broke and is unfixabIe, I have looked every where I know to find a control head assembly 7101416yp. I know this is an old machine but any ideas? can I Mickey Mouse it somehow? thx

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Part is no longer available; unless, someone has as it as NOS part so email the vendor to verify that they actually got one in hand.
1639059909739.png

Charlie8d

Threads
New old stock, used part from auction sites, mower junk yards, buy a junk mower for parts,, etc.

robert574

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone, I have a snapper 7800417 walk behind, It is a great machine except the control assembly broke and is unfixabIe, I have looked every where I know to find a control head assembly 7101416yp. I know this is an old machine but any ideas? can I Mickey Mouse it somehow? thx
I went through this also and finally browsed the parts on ebay. The big issue is the parts are under various numbers if any number at all. I finally made a search and scrolled thru all the pictures until I found it. There were quite a few. When you find something in ebay, open the item and scroll down to the end of the page. Ebay will try to find similar items to help and show you. There will be 4-5 items in a row and on the right edge it will scroll into several more. That area is where I find a lot of good leads and sometimes the best price for an item.
I also put the number into google and came up with some mower sites that claim to have one for $40-$50.

Last edited:

Charlie8d

Threads
There is also a way for E Bay to notify you when that part is listed for sale. Maybe you can " rig up " something, also.

suepic

Threads
Thanks for the idea rivet....that is the part ....I called snapper and the part is unavailable, discontinued....I will keep looking tho

suepic

Threads
I went through this also and finally browsed the parts on ebay. The big issue is the parts are under various numbers if any number at all. I finally made a search and scrolled thru all the pictures until I found it. There were quite a few. When you find something in ebay, open the item and scroll down to the end of the page. Ebay will try to find similar items to help and show you. There will be 4-5 items in a row and on the right edge it will scroll into several more. That area is where I find a lot of good leads and sometimes the best price for an item.
I also put the number into google and came up with some mower sites that claim to have one for $40-$50.
Thanks for all the ideas Robert. I called snapper and was told it is unavailable , also checked all listings online that say they have it , they do not. I am trying to locate it on Ebay but no luck so far, still looking tho. thx

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you have the bits, open up the box and get a replacement cable made .