Snapper 33128BE no start

JAW91

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I was having issues starting my mower after having it sit for a few weeks. The mower got water in the carb and intake. I got it all out and tried starting it, it would start but only with starting fluid. So, I replaced the carb since it seemed like it wasn’t pulling fuel, when I did that I also replaced the crank case filter, vent tube, air filter, oil fill tube, and the seal for the fill tube. I am in the same situation still, the engine will turn over but won’t fire without the help of ether being sprayed in the intake. I am thinking maybe water got in the fuel now or that the fuel was bad? Any other things that would cause it to not get fuel?

JAW91

Forum Newbie
Threads
So, I don’t know what happened but it started and was running but barley. This was after putting new fuel in it. I got it to my back yard and was going to pull it into my shop and it died on me. Now it won’t fire back up again without the help of ether. I also forgot to mention but I changed the fuel filter too. I think it may have something to either do with the idle adjustment screw on the new carb or maybe the fuel mixture screw but I am not extremely familiar with carbs and don’t know what the settings should be.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Pull the flat bowl.
You will most likely find more water in there.
It can take quite a bit to get rid of all of the water.
Expect to do things 2 or 3 times.

JAW91

Forum Newbie
Threads
I already put a brand new carb on it. The issue was that when I got the new carb I thought the screw in the bottom was just for draining our water so I screwed it all the way in. Found out that’s it’s actually a jet adjustment so after backing it off it started up and runs perfect now.