Smoking Mower

CrusinSusan

Threads
Hi Guys! Found this mower on the curb and of course scooped it up. Starts right up second pull but started smoking out the exhaust and it seemed to be smoking all around the exhaust. I did take off the exhaust and carb assembly and there was oil around the gasket area. Not crazy amount just in between the connections. I also examined the spark plug and it had wet oil on it. the actual oil of the lawnmower was quite low and definitely needs more added but wanted to wait and see what you guys thought about where it’s smoking from and maybe point me in the right direction. Ty all! https://youtube.com/shorts/-uD9k41KOMg?feature=share

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Wisconsin Robin engine. Probably mowed more grass than anything out there. She is a 3 pack a day smoker. Piston rocks with a purpose in the cylinder. Engine makes a distinct knocking sound. Just keep the oil topped off at the full mark. Oil is cheap.

CrusinSusan

Threads
I would add missing oil and then run it a few minutes to see if it clears up. Could of been just tipped and allowed oil into the intake and now has to burn it off.
Think this was it, I was kinda scared it was gonna catch on fire haha. Went out and started it a few times through the week and finally stopped smokin. Ty all!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Think this was it, I was kinda scared it was gonna catch on fire haha. Went out and started it a few times through the week and finally stopped smokin. Ty all!
Just has a horizontal engine on a pressure washer that was tipped on its side while being stored or transported and was hydrolocked. so after pulling the plug and trying to contain the oil spray while cranking to dispel as much oil as possible from the cylinder and intake, and even had to remove the drain plug on the carb, to drain the oil from the fuel bowl.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Keep the SAE 30W oil on the FULL mark only. Not over full and not under full. Glad to hear she's a runner.