small, front tire question

Hustler27

Threads
I've never worked with tire tubes before. Tire appears to be okay as best I can tell. Any information on how to replace a tire tube?

Thanks.

PHcxLVw.jpg

Hustler27

Threads
Follow up. I just watched a few videos about fixing the front small tire and none of them involved anything with the tube, just the tire. How do I know there is a tube to replace for sure? Maybe it is the tire itself?

Thanks.

The Chairman

Threads
Deflate the tire by removing the Schraeder valve core. Once all pressure is out, see if the valve is press fit into the rim or loose. Press fit and it's tubeless. Loose and it's a tube. You can put a tube into a tubeless tire.

The Chairman

Threads
Looking at your picture, it would help if you washed the wheel first and then took a closeup on the valve. As best as I can tell, it looks like a tubeless tire valve. FWIW, I run slime in both my front tires. It works great. Many tire fillers melt the inside of the tire, but slime appears to just coagulate in the hole. Easy to wash out when needed.

Hustler27

Threads
Sounds like there is a small tool to remove the valve core?

Hustler27

Threads
If it ends up being tubeless, I need to buy a new tire, but then it's basically just prying it off the wheel and prying the new one back on and inflating?

The Chairman

Threads
If it ends up being tubeless, I need to buy a new tire, but then it's basically just prying it off the wheel and prying the new one back on and inflating?
If it's just a leak, then you just need to patch it or install a tube. What do you think is wrong with the tire?

Hustler27

Threads
Slow leak. Last fall I could inflate and it would be just fine for 2 or 3 hours of mowing, but a week later when I'd mow, it would need to be inflated again.

Hustler27

Threads
A bit of dusting off and it does say it's tubeless. 11x4.005 nhs

I don't see any visible issues (cracking, something puncturing it etc.).