Simplicity mower deck belt

mmacdaddy668

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a 4212 model number 1691340
Wondering what belt goes on the mower deck I have not been able to find any reference
Thank you Mike

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This is going to be difficult because the H4212 was never fitted with a 36" deck
In fact very few Simplicity tractor mowers were fitted with a 36 " deck.
I have a horrid feeling that some has retrofitted the current 36" deck from the ZTR range to an old tractor

mmacdaddy668

Forum Newbie
Threads
A 69-in belt works for a while and then it starts flipping over on the front pulley so the v is out on the pulley and eventually shreds the belt

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That indicates that the belt is a little too long and the pulleys are out of alignment .
Once a belt has flipped then it is trash as it damages the fiber reinforcement .
Try babying a 68 in a plain belt ( to save money ) for a while to see if it flips as well.
If not then get a proper kevlar one as plain belts do not last long .
When faced with your situation I originally used a length of rope ( 1/2' or 5/8" ) to replace the belt then pulled it tight enough to stretch the tension spring 1/3 to 1/2 of the travel of the tension arm
The rope was then removed and the length measured which gave me a good starting point .
From there I picked the cheapest belt near that size to see how it ran.
I do the same thing now except I have a 244" broken A belt to do the measuring with .

mmacdaddy668

Forum Newbie
Threads
That indicates that the belt is a little too long and the pulleys are out of alignment .
Once a belt has flipped then it is trash as it damages the fiber reinforcement .
Try babying a 68 in a plain belt ( to save money ) for a while to see if it flips as well.
If not then get a proper kevlar one as plain belts do not last long .
When faced with your situation I originally used a length of rope ( 1/2' or 5/8" ) to replace the belt then pulled it tight enough to stretch the tension spring 1/3 to 1/2 of the travel of the tension arm
The rope was then removed and the length measured which gave me a good starting point .
From there I picked the cheapest belt near that size to see how it ran.
I do the same thing now except I have a 244" broken A belt to do the measuring with .
It came with a half inch belt should I jump to the 5/8 belt

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The 4212 with a 36" deck is a 1691253
Best i can tell the belt for that deck is
1727773SM
That is a 70" 4L series belt.
The belt you are using did it come from an auto parts store? Or a hardware store? Need to know if it is a 4L series belt or an A series. There will be a 2" difference in the same length. Do you still have the sleeve it came in?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The 4212 with a 36" deck is a 1691253
Best i can tell the belt for that deck is
1727773SM
That is a 70" 4L series belt.
The belt you are using did it come from an auto parts store? Or a hardware store? Need to know if it is a 4L series belt or an A series. There will be a 2" difference in the same length. Do you still have the sleeve it came in?
Because I too have to find these things, where did you dig that up from.
I trolled through the 2010 belt catalogue but could not find a 36 "tractor built after the 90's

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I googled simplicity 4212 36" and stepped through the models on the partstree site