simplicity champion consumers edition PTO shut down then engine quits

U

unclecrash

• / simplicity champion consumers edition PTO shut down then engine quits
Was loving my simplicity consumers edition champion till this last week cant figure out what is going on first pto shut off drove home replaced it. Thought all was good went cutting again only to find out after about ten 50 foot runs the blades shut down and seconds later the engine quits, I can put the parking brake on open the bars and try to restart noticed for the first couple trys it would just click then seem tto catch and restart run 2 more strips of 50 foot and die in the same spot mower seems to run all day without the pto engaged. Also sat it on the drive way with no load on the mower blades running and it still shuts down blades first then the engine im wondering if there is some sort of kill that is trigging this from overheat i think she is getting tired but no smoke running synthetic oil just put new plugs took the top off and made sure the engine was clean and still cant figure out what it is thought it might be the white wire i found broke or removed going to the engine plug but found it was the seat switch as when i stuffed it in the mower would die with it in or out even when i pushed the switch in, any ideas Thanks Dave she been running strong since my first post a couple or so years ago.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First thing you need to check is battery voltage. Electric PTO‘s need fully charged batteries to operate properly. If the battery voltage is below 12 VDC charge the battery and check the charging system, should be charging over 13 VDC. If you have a fully charged battery and a charging system that is working properly, test run the mower. If it quits, immediately test battery voltage. If battery voltage is again low, you need to have it checked, may no longer take a charge.

U

unclecrash

I am charging it now after i just adjusted the clutch to see if that was it, about 10 minutes in it quit again. Will check the battery voltage, how do i check the charging system thanks Dave

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you post all numbers from the engine, I should be able to find you a service manual with instructions on how to test the charging system.

U

unclecrash

i do not believe there are any on it bought at auction all i know its a kohler 20 hp unless there is a number stamped in the block because the labels are pealed off the cover.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Only ID would be on a black and silver tag on the shroud. Take a couple of pictures of the engine, maybe we will be able to identify it.

U

unclecrash

Sorry guys been down with covid bro brought it home just got back on the mower my battery is holding strong that is not it today i cut off the plug going into the motor as the purple and orange fell right off, butt spliced it together thought it was the problem but after running for 15 minutes hard it does the same first blades shut down then the mower. Then it will refire and mow a couple strips and do it again the mower will sit and run all day with out the blades going any thoughts where to check next. I thought maybe the pto was out of adjustment so tightens it down to.016 still quiting.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What is happening is exactly what Rivets said back in post # 2
The charging system is not keeping up with the drain the clutch is putting on the battery and when the voltage gets too low the blades shut off then the engine shuts off.
Please answer his question so we can help you

U

unclecrash

What is happening is exactly what Rivets said back in post # 2
The charging system is not keeping up with the drain the clutch is putting on the battery and when the voltage gets too low the blades shut off then the engine shuts off.
Please answer his question so we can help you
how can that be after coming home i ran it on the drive with the blades on battery is holding at 13.3 volt not seeing it drain had a volt meter on it. Here is my past thread https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/threads/simplicity-20-50-kohler-1694455-working-the-bugs-out.43597/

U

unclecrash

Some people think this is 20 questions won't post what they have, Need to know model type and code number of the engine, and model and serial no. of the mower as well.
i just said if you know how to read there IS NO LABELS ON THE MOTOR, Im on a new computer and dont even know how to post pics yet off my new phone so take a chill pill or go away dont need your bs comments like im not tryin g to give you info .