Shipping damage/factory direct

Trelle

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got my new SLX50 delivered last night (Friday) and customer service is closed this weekend, wondering if anyone else has had issues? I had to order factory direct as there were no dealers around with this model. In the crate and under the plastic as best as I could tell everything looked great! However taking it out of the crate and the plastic off this morning noticed a few odd things. First my steering wheel didn’t look used but was very beat up like it was under something that caused cuts and scrapes on it. The seat was loosely held on by one bolt and the other 2 missing completely. And the last thing was there was a splash of gas in the tank and you could clearly smell it. The hour meter shows 0.0 and it looks completely new. I didn’t think they shipped however with the seat and steering wheel attached and I thought the fuel system was supposed to be completely dry? Anyone else have these issues and did Cub Cadet fix any damaged or missing parts? Thanks!AA2B4E4E-5812-4052-AE55-59B10ED7590B.jpeg05D60C3F-99DF-424C-BECA-57D06C586276.jpeg

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Reminds me of Harleys back in the mid 70s. Half assed final assembly and QC. Hope you can get it straightened out, customer service is pretty much non-existent these days.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Looks like some one put a fork blade through the top of the crate >
Lodge a claim against the carrier.

Trelle

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got ahold of Cub Cadet they immediately apologized for any inconvenience and sent me out a new steering wheel and steering wheel cap no questions asked. Great customer service. They explained they do QC checks and the fuel was from them, and that seat bracket is meant for multiple models and they have different bolt patterns and to just tighten that one down and there are no other bolts for that model. Been running like a beast so far!

Dmax Dually

Threads
Around 2 years ago I was looking for Cub Cadet CC30H. There was one dealer in my area that had one in stock. When I went to look /buy the mower the dealer had it stored sitting outside in the weather for a while. Yeah it was "new" but it was badly weathered, looked used and parts were starting to rust. So I decided to order, a CC30H and twin bagger, factory direct thinking that I would receive a pristine shinny new mower. When the mower was delivered I unpacked it. It was brand new but it was far from being pristine and shinny. It was the current year model ( 2018 when I bought it) but the mower looked like it was sitting on a pallet, uncovered in the back of a ware house for years and they just grabbed it, threw a box over it and shipped it. It was covered in an inch of dust, grime and spider webs. I called Cub Cadet customer service and told them. They request I send them pictures. I did. They were very nice and apologetic. They gave me a $200.00 refund on the twin bagger system I purchased.
The CC30H is a great mower. I love the twin bagger. It gives my yard a nice clean cut look with no clumps or clipping at all....

KevIsland

Forum Newbie
Threads
The seat bolt is just to keep the seat from sliding out the front. You remove the bolt and the seat can be removed. So that is correct.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I always look at the mower before buying. You never know if the thing will even start buying like that. You will never go wrong buying from a real mower shop. Support the local guys and gals.

slomo