SFZ52 ROPS Conversion

tom_t

Threads
Has anyone here converted the stock "non-foldable" ROPS overhead bar to one that folds down? I'm aware there is a kit available for purchase, but would prefer to just buy some hinges and convert the one I presently have. $$ are tight here and I have the tools to do it. TIA.

Mower King

Threads
Has anyone here converted the stock "non-foldable" ROPS overhead bar to one that folds down? I'm aware there is a kit available for purchase, but would prefer to just buy some hinges and convert the one I presently have. $$ are tight here and I have the tools to do it. TIA.
I wouldn't do just hinges. Buy some 1/4" plate steel cut to size, drill 1/2" holes in them (in the right spots), weld them on, drill holes into bottom part of ROPS, You don't want to accidentally need your ROPS to work, and the hinge idea fails....could be a bad deal!

tom_t

Threads
I wouldn't do just hinges. Buy some 1/4" plate steel cut to size, drill 1/2" holes in them (in the right spots), weld them on, drill holes into bottom part of ROPS, You don't want to accidentally need your ROPS to work, and the hinge idea fails....could be a bad deal!
Agreed. I have a 50 hp Kubota tractor. Its rops is made as you describe. I will likely copy it for my scag.

Mower King

Threads
Agreed. I have a 50 hp Kubota tractor. Its rops is made as you describe. I will likely copy it for my scag.
Ok good deal...what I described is what larger mowers have on them, the ones that fold down!