Selling my running Snapper 214X4PR-2 Wisconsin Robin 2 cycle mower - North Texas

elandem

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Selling my running Snapper 214X4PR-2 Wisconsin Robin 2 cycle mower - North Texas
I'm trying to divorce myself from my emotional attachment to this mower. I've had it since 1990 and have used it every season on my lawn. But, it's time to let it go. I just want it to go to a good home. It's been so good to me. It always starts and runs. It has a couple of deck dings and I have replace parts as necessary that have worn out (belts, springs, blades, drive mechanisms, etc.). I just used it this morning. If anyone in the North Texas area is looking for one of these fine machines, I'll let it go for $150. 😢 Lemma know who is interested.

Attachments

• Snapper 5.jpg
    Snapper 5.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 6
  • Snapper 4.jpg
    Snapper 4.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 7
  • Snapper 3.jpg
    Snapper 3.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 5
  • Snapper 2.jpg
    Snapper 2.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Snapper 1.jpg
    Snapper 1.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 7

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Selling my running Snapper 214X4PR-2 Wisconsin Robin 2 cycle mower - North Texas
Those are the ones I used to drool over back in the day. We had an old craftsman. All the lawn crews and such ran Snappers.

Hope you are not getting rid of it to get a new Honda or other inferior mower. You will kick youself trust me. My dad got rid of his aluminum deck Toro SR for a new Honda. Regretted it since day one. LOL

As you know, that is or was their HD line or what is called today "commercial grade". Fine mower there sir.

Divot

Threads
Look, I’m a snapper fan and even have a snapper pro now. I just let go of my 93 38” rider and , honestly it was hard to do. I gave it away still running and 107 people clambered to my door to get it. It’s old technology and lack of ability to mow my tttf at 4+ inches helped to let it go I still use my JD 14sb from 1987 and it does just fine. Why part with it? But it’s time I got an early 2000,s super recycler that helped me let old stuff go. It’s ok brother, it’s ok to move on.

motomike

Threads
I know how you feel. I just let go of a Snapper V21 that's been in the family since 1972. At 35+ yrs, the 2nd Briggs engine finally let go. I believe I let it run low on oil. Anyway, it was time to move on. Replaced it with a Honda HRR216VKA, we'll see how long that one goes. It gets limited use as our 1999 Murray Widebody (17hp Twin II Briggs) mows my yard most of the time. The Murray has been a brute, its cared for up to 3 yards and the neighborhood entrance some years.

elandem

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sold it.