Securing Hustler Fastrak SDX

breagler

Threads
Hello all, just purchased a Fastrak SDX 60" for our 7 acres. I wanted to post this tread and ask for ideas on securing the mower against theft. When parked inside a metal building I use a very heavy chain and consider removing the rear tires when I am out of town for more than a week.
Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!!
GB

cruzenmike

Threads
Is the metal building secured? Do you have problems with theft where it will be stored? Have you considered LoJack?

You might be better off having some sort of theft deterrent, such as real or fake video surveillance, illumination (security lights), a Rottweiler on guard, etc.

These machines are certainly expensive and "beloved" to many, but chaining and removing the wheels seems a bit excessive.

breagler

Threads
Thanks for the info and yes the building has double locks (inside and out) for the roll-up doors and heavy duty lock on the walk in door. Video cam on the outside and security light. We had a break in a few years ago but nothing since we double locked the doors. We do live in an rural area so it can be prone to opportunist....