Sears Snowblower attachment dilemma

Pochie

Threads
I've had this 42" blower that I put on for winter and off for summer to mow with. I keep notes. The manual has the most confusing directions I have ever encountered, for hooking up the belt and idler assembly (at least for me). so I kept my own notes. One year it went on so easy I was shocked! (2009). Other years I am ready to dynamite it! I didn't put it on in 2013 and used my 10hp walk-behind but my hands have been aching from use (old age) so I thought I'd put the blower back on today..it being 72* here in PA. I got it all on except the main belt from the blower to the engine pulley. It appears to be 2" short. I pulled all I had but no luck. Can these belts shrink? It looks to be in good condition. I think it is 3-4 years old. Any thoughts? I am sorely tempted to get a snowblower for the Kubota or Walker that goes on and off easily. Pochie:mad:

Pochie

Threads
I FINALLY got her together. Getting the belt on the idler pulley takes the strength of Hercules. I am letting the blower on forever now and buying another mower. Maybw when the belt breaks a new one will be a bit easier.:smile:

mowerman05

Threads
Glad to see that it is all up and running now because snow is just around the corner.