Scott riding mower weird issue

Smurfy76

Threads
So my church is giving me a scott riding mower. I dont have the model of it yet as someone is going to bring it to me. But wanted to get a headstart on its issue. So it seems that while its running it becomes bogged down. But was told if you put it in reverse and than in forward again it will run fine again for awhile. Its such a unusual issue as i have never seen this before. They day its about 19 years old but it foes have a 52 inch deck. anyone ever have this issue or thoughts on where to start

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can’t help much until you supply us with the units and engine numbers. Reread your post, but substitute “Chevy truck”. Do you think you would get much help?

Smurfy76

Threads
Can’t help much until you supply us with the units and engine numbers. Reread your post, but substitute “Chevy truck”. Do you think you would get much help?
I get i dont have the model but it was a general question. So something maybe similar on various other mowers that had the same issue.im not looking for a exact answer just something in the general direction.

frenchriverco

Threads
Only thing I can think of is the transmission. When an engine meets extra resistance, that's when it "bogs down." If it clears up when putting it in reverse, and then forward, it has to be linked to the transmission. Is it a hydrostatic? In either case, I would start by doing a transmission flush. Inspect the fluid coming out for metal bits as this can indicate worn parts. Worn parts can equal resistance. That's my best guess with the information provided.