SCAG WON'T START

UJONESN

Forum Newbie
Threads
Scag tigar cub will not start. I replaced the battery and starter. It still will not start. My son hooked a battery charger up to it (backwards)last night. Thats why I replaced the battery. Any ideas?

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello, I have moved your post to the Scag Forum. You will have better luck finding assistance there. :wink:

Thanks for joining LawnMowerForum!!!

GoldEagle2011

Forum Newbie
Threads
You ought to try "Start Your Engines!", an additive that you put directly into your fuel tank. This will clean your carburetor, fuel injectors and intake valves, easing the startup process. It also revitalizes the fuel system, which will help the startup process without a doubt.

It retails for around $20, which is much less than you'll end up spending if you replace more parts or take it into a shop--even if they just take a look at it.

Hope this helps!!

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
What do you mean it doesn't start?:confused2: Does it turn over or does it do nothing when you turn the key? If it doesn't turn over it could be a safety switch or maybe a blown fuse since your hooked up the charger backwards. If it turns over but doesn't start, it could be you are not getting fuel to carb or you have a fouled plug. Also could be a safety switch that shorting out coil. Are you getting spark at the plug? May need to give us a little more info so we can help you.