SCAG wiring harness disintegrated- need wire order help please.

pzrk1c

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / SCAG wiring harness disintegrated- need wire order help please.
Good evening- My SCAG Turf Tiger (model STT61A-27KA, S/N 6763858) had a no start with well charged battery, so I jiggled the wires near the starter and voltage regulator and it started right up. Mowed a few hours and parked it. The next day, it repeated. When I looked at the connector directly below the voltage regulator, it had disintegrated (apparently sun/age damage) and most of the wires were dangling. I can determine the wire location for the SCAG side of the terminal from the schematic, but I don't have a clue which wires tie in from the engine side. Any ideas where to find this information? 27 HP Kawasaki water cooled. Thanks!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Bumped

pzrk1c

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wow. Thanks for all the help.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I for one am not really sure what it is you do not know apart from how to get help from an open public forum.
Sarcastic remarks are hardly likely to make the one & only person who knows exactly what you are on about leap in & write an answer.
Star has noticed that it has not been answered and bumped it so those who come here daily will see it in their new posts feed.
If he was sure what your problem was then he would have answered your post rather than bumping it .
I had no idea so I ignored it.
And again, scarcasim is hardly going to make any one who could possibly work things out go the the effort of downloading the IPL fro your mower from Scag then nut out what ever it is that you can not work out.

I guess that the plastic part of one of the plugs has crumbled away and they you ripped the wires apart without first taking a photo and now haveno idea how they go back together because the colours on each side of the plug do not match .

If this is the case then follow the wires to where ever they go on your engine then label them at the plug end .
Look up the corrosponding colours on the scchmetic then join them up.
You don't need the plug the wires will stay together all by themselves .

A photo would have been a really big help .
Scags , being a mid order commercial mower tend to be owned by commercial operators
Most of mine do the routine maintanance themselves and for some thing like this bring it to me ( or the dealer ) to fix as for them it is a deductable expense & they can make moe money mowing than they would save by nutting out wiring themselves.

Just a word to the wise though,
Remove the magneto kill wire before you connect anything and check it for voltage after you have hooked everything up and again when running before you reconnect it.
Any voltage on that wire will kill the magnetos stone dead.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Want the op was needing was the wiring schematic for the Kawasaki engine since he has the mower side schematic which someone here should been able to provide to the op. Those natural color terminal housings do deteriorate when exposed to UVs. I have replace quite a few of them.

I am however trying not to post much at all now. The members here should be able to handle this if they are not all DIYers.

I actually got one these mowers under my wing so I already have the diagrams at hand; just not posting the info.

As for the terminal housing since the area is exposed it is needed. Most likely it is the mower side male housing that is bad as the Kawasaki side is black HDPE female which is very UV resistant. The male housing 02977042 F56 6 pin.