Scag Turf Runner help if possible please.

Scraperman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I bought a Turf Runner 20 years ago to mow the 2 acres around the farmstead in Warwickshire U.K. I now know that the TR wasn't the best mower that Scag have ever produced (!) but I have kept it running because it is so manouverable and I actually like it as a mower. Those who know the mower will know that the deck gearbox is the problem. The mower wasn't new when I bought it and a couple of years afterwards I swapped the Superior deck box for a Curtis one from the U.K. importers who are only a few miles from me. I have had the deck box apart many times, changing seals, re-shimming, etc. etc. But I need some new parts in there now. Principally the pinion and crownwheel gears on the input shaft (the nut came off the other day and although it still runs it isn't pretty in there !) I have contacted the importers and the spares guy had never heard of the TR !! I have also contacted Scag and Curtis but neither say that they have any spares. Does anyone on this Forum have any ideas where I might get some spares, even s/h ones might do. I am in my mid-70s and I'm hoping I can make it last me out. Thanks for reading all this and for any help that you might be able to give.

Scraperman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you Mark. Apologies for my late response but I didn't get a warning about it. For my sins I had never even thought about Googling the subject ! I will report back. Thanks again.

Scraperman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update. Good response from scagparts.net. They have a new deck gearbox but Hellish expensive and can't ship anyway because of covid19. Also spares for same but again can't ship. If she lasts this year then maybe next year I will be able to buy some bits and re-furbish.