SCAG TT front wheel bearing replacement question

Presta24

Threads
Can I just grab any 3/4 wheel bearing for these? I can get a set of 2 at TSC for $13. The scag pn equivalent on the the zon is $15 for each bearing/race set.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bearings are the most counterfitted thing on the planet
Do you really thinks a $ 7 bearing is going to be made to the same quality levels as a $15 bearing ?
Are the $ 7 bearing made by a company that you have heard of ?
Nothing super special about any mower bearing apart they are all made to a quality standard . not just to "look the same "

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Considering these are the LM11949/LM11910 Bearing and Race. The TSC price is reasonable if they are buying direct from the bearing distributor like I do. The last ones I brought cost $3.51 per set and I am selling them at $8.95 per bearing/race set. And these are same bearing I use in the CC deck spindles that I rebuild. You can even get these at any auto parts store. Prices will vary.

Just don't forget to get two of 482622 seals for each wheel assembly. $9.38 ea from Scag or $5.49 ea from a Rotary dealer. USA prices.

Presta24

Threads
Considering these are the LM11949/LM11910 Bearing and Race. The TSC price is reasonable if they are buying direct from the bearing distributor like I do. The last ones I brought cost $3.51 per set and I am selling them at $8.95 per bearing/race set. And these are same bearing I use in the CC deck spindles that I rebuild. You can even get these at any auto parts store. Prices will vary.

Just don't forget to get two of 482622 seals for each wheel assembly. $9.38 ea from Scag or $5.49 ea from a Rotary dealer. USA prices.
Do you ship? How much for 2 bearings, 2 races, and the seals shipped to 45036?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Do you ship? How much for 2 bearings, 2 races, and the seals shipped to 45036?
Where I am at currently it is too costly to ship anything out. Local post office is ridiculous. UPS is over 30 miles one way. And considering I run a one person shop I need to be here all day if possible.

At one time I tried eBay selling and it was a major hassle to get anything shipped out. It bad enough on the inbound USPS packages. A three day priority package can take up to three weeks to get delivered from a vendor that only takes one day UPS. Kinda hoping my parts ordered Monday get here in a week and a half on that three Priority Mail package. The last pacjage I sent out to a vendor sat in Chattanooga post office for a week and that was two months ago.

With this in mind try one you local shops for the parts. They like my shop may keep the parts in stock.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sorry due a policy put in place due the way management here crawled me about PMs, I strictly do not send or receive PMs or emails for this forum. I got accused of doing things that I wasn't doing. What I was discussing was a private matter and the management acted like they were reading my PMs; therefore, I will not conduct any business type PMs on this forum.

Presta24

Threads
Where I am at currently it is too costly to ship anything out. Local post office is ridiculous. UPS is over 30 miles one way. And considering I run a one person shop I need to be here all day if possible.

At one time I tried eBay selling and it was a major hassle to get anything shipped out. It bad enough on the inbound USPS packages. A three day priority package can take up to three weeks to get delivered from a vendor that only takes one day UPS. Kinda hoping my parts ordered Monday get here in a week and a half on that three Priority Mail package. The last pacjage I sent out to a vendor sat in Chattanooga post office for a week and that was two months ago.

With this in mind try one you local shops for the parts. They like my shop may keep the parts in stock.
That's fine. I got a kit on the. Zon for $30