Scag Tiger keeps damaging ECM

kalikasingh

Forum Newbie
Threads
My scag lawnmower would not start. Nothing. They changed the ECM then it ran for 5hrs and cut off. This time it makes an attempt to start but will not run. The mechanic picked it up and said the new ECM I just put in needs replaced. Do anyone have an idea why the ECM's are getting damaged and they are pretty expensive. Kali

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF!

I moved your thread to the Scag Forum. :smile:

earthworm

Threads
My scag lawnmower would not start. Nothing. They changed the ECM then it ran for 5hrs and cut off. This time it makes an attempt to start but will not run. The mechanic picked it up and said the new ECM I just put in needs replaced. Do anyone have an idea why the ECM's are getting damaged and they are pretty expensive. Kali
Quite possibily there was nothing wrong with either ECU(electronic control unit).
And there must be a warranty with them...after they change about ten of them, they may decide that all of them were OK in the first place...
Do check for voltage out put, this must be correct for proper functioning of electronics....
Yes, in the automotive field I'd do the same (switch parts), and I also know that this is NOT the correct way of doing things...and some things must be "pre-checked"..
One thing is the grounds, these must be perfect...another is the battery/charging system...

benski

Threads
I see everything I was going to toss in has already been covered by earthworm. Be sure your ground(s) are super clean and tight. You may even want to run a couple of bonding straps around to make sure you don't have any voltage differential at different places on your machine.