Scag seat

Knots

Threads
Have a Scag Turf Tiger that has me buffaloed.
It is a SST61V-35BVAC-SS , serial
E5400225.
I can’t figure out how to tip the seat assy. forward.
The seat adjustment latch will not release and
I think I need to tip the seat forward to get to the slide latch. I cannot find a latch for the seat.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Knots

Knots

Threads
See pages 52 - 57 for illustrated parts list for seat.
The seat is a “suspension” seat. I am guessing that is what the “SS” in the serial number means. This probably makes a difference. The seat appears to not be bolted in the back, as some have suggested, because it will move about 3/8 inch if you try to push it forward.
Thanks for any help.

Knots

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You will need to unbolt the seat hold down bracket. Item 12 on the following diagram.
1626386088945.png

Hoosier Tree Farmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
The release lever is always covered in debris. It is on the left side (when seated) on the frame below the seat slides, about midway back from the front of the seat. The Scag ID numbers are there also once you clear the debris. If you have debris, you have to clear debris enough to fully move the lever. Perhaps a person who mows clean grass will not experience it, but I mow enough wooded paths that the debris accumulates quickly. The seat slide in front will not release the seat to fold forward (I tried for several years to get that to work).