scag freedom problems

RonJon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Model 44P777 Brigs & Stratton 26HP
Type 0117E1
Code C70523YG
When I start the engine it will run at idle and if you advance the throttle fast it will stall. If i advance the throttle slowly it will spit and sputter. If I engage the blades while running it will stall. I changed a bad coil, new fuel filter and fuel pump.The filter has very little fuel in it. I removed the filter bowl and found two jets laying in the bottom of the fuel bowl. Replaced them and still the same. I completely rebuilt the carb and it still does the same thing. I am at a loss. Pls help!:confused2:

earthworm

Threads
Model 44P777 Brigs & Stratton 26HP
Type 0117E1
Code C70523YG
When I start the engine it will run at idle and if you advance the throttle fast it will stall.too much air, not enuff gas If i advance the throttle slowly it will spit and sputter.still the same, but the gentleness is a cover up. If I engage the blades while running it will stall. a lack of power; do a compression test I changed a bad coil, new fuel filter and fuel pump.The filter has very little fuel in it. I removed the filter bowl and found two jets laying in the bottom of the fuel bowl. Replaced them and still the same. I completely rebuilt the carb and it still does the same thing. I am at a loss. Pls help!:confused2:
Check for vacuum leaks and compression.

Threads
In addition to vacuum leaks and comp test, say why you replaced the coil, fuel filter and fuel pump!?
What led you to thinking these items needed replacing? What changed if anything after doing the above? How many hrs. on the engine? How was the mower running when it last ran well? Do you have fresh gas from this season? Does the mower sit with gas in it for some time without use?