Scag Debris Loaders

Chizzzy89

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey fellas! Making sure I’m posting to only one page today!
So I usually load leaves on tarp and pull it onto a truck. We usually have a lot of leaves to clean up and would like to advertise for more leaf cleanups next fall.
What is everyone’s experience on debris loaders? Does it make a big difference in time finishing? (I know it’ll save a lot of energy used pulling the tarps around) and is it possible to make the money spent on it back in just a fall season alone? I know there’s a lot of factors that goes into that like how many accounts, rates, etc.
Also 18hp or 29hp? I was reading and people recommended getting 25+ Hp minimum to possibly avoid having to upgrade later down the line.
Thank you

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks.
Lots or people do not understand that there is just one forum, subdivided into different sections to make it easier to search archives .
3 options
1 a rear discharge deck mower with solid fan forced catcher like a Walker Rear discharge decks will not leave windrows or leaves that slide out under the deck
2) walk behind lawn vacuum , I service a lot of these as gum trees drop leaves all year round & they are hard to blow some shred as they suck which pack the leaves much tighter,
3) Sweeper attachment for previously mentioned Dingo .

As a landscaper do not overlook the possibility of charging for removing leaves, composting them at home then charging to supply & lay compost in the spring .
I put a couple of my customers together a long while ago
The mower charges a rip fee for removing bagged grass
The gardener composts it and what he does not use on sells to another landscaper customer who charges his customers for applying it.
IT works out really well as the gardener keeps the leaf types separate so he has acid pine compost and alkaline oak compost , neither with any added manure plus vegetable compost which is mixed & enhanced with poultry manure ,