RX75 Mower Deck Adjustment

frankr

Forum Newbie
Threads
The mower deck on my old RX75 is not level front to back. That is, it's lower on front than it is on the back. Can anyone tell me how to level the mower deck front to back?

pbotz

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have this same mower and issue, are there any deck height adjustmensts others than the hand lever and the wheels onthe deck?

Thx, Pat

ep3124

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an SRX75 and have the same problem, I'm about 1 inch lower in the front than the rear. I have a manual and followed the adjustment procedure and still can't get it close. This must be common so I'm assuming there is some trick to get these level. I spent a couple hours under the mower this weekend trying to clean and sort through the adjustments and just don't see how to adjust it any further.

Jeff Dodson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Nobody has answered this ????? I guess I'm fixing to take mine to John Deere

D

Deleted member 97405

Since the front of the deck is pinned to the front axle, over time the axle pivot wears, the machine frame relaxes, and the front linkage gets worn a bit. The combination of this is what 'dips' the deck. There's not a lot you can do about it other than try and bring the items above back into like-new spec. This is assuming your deck shell is not bent or twisted. The only adjuster on the deck, pictured below, only affects the side to side level. The front-to-rear spec is actually 1/4-3/8" lower in the front. You would place the blade in front-to-rear orientation and measure up from the floor to the tip of the blade. The front blade tip should be 1/4-3/8" lower in the front. If you make it perfectly level, both ends of the blade will be cutting at the same time, thus requiring twice the power. This is why the front tip is supposed to be lower than the rear. Deere mechanic 20+ years. Good luck!

1652970981304.png

rice4me

Threads
Since the front of the deck is pinned to the front axle, over time the axle pivot wears, the machine frame relaxes, and the front linkage gets worn a bit. The combination of this is what 'dips' the deck. There's not a lot you can do about it other than try and bring the items above back into like-new spec. This is assuming your deck shell is not bent or twisted. The only adjuster on the deck, pictured below, only affects the side to side level. The front-to-rear spec is actually 1/4-3/8" lower in the front. You would place the blade in front-to-rear orientation and measure up from the floor to the tip of the blade. The front blade tip should be 1/4-3/8" lower in the front. If you make it perfectly level, both ends of the blade will be cutting at the same time, thus requiring twice the power. This is why the front tip is supposed to be lower than the rear. Deere mechanic 20+ years. Good luck!

View attachment 60568
Yes I agree that the front of the deck should be lower. All I had to do it loosen the nuts holding the J-bolt to move it down slightly from level. Thanks for the reply.