RMW 22g24 Pressure washer problems

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't do may pressure washers so I am at a bit of a loss here.
Got an RMW 22G24 pressure pump mounted under a 4Hp B & S that came in for an engine problem which turned ut to be a dud auto choke
However the pump leaks everywhere from the overflow holes around the sides .
So it was no surprise when I found the 3 water seals trashed.
Now the customer bought this unit on Evilbay supposed to be a genuine brand new B & S branded washer
HE has never opened it up & I am the first person supposed to have done so
Now the water seals were trashed, no big problem to replace except they had been glued in with silastic as were the check valves.
My question is in the diagram below there is a plug shown as item # 64.
Now this is not easy start and the plug is not there
Do I need to replace it or can I reassemble as I found it
AR pump prices ar through the roof down here, the water seals will be $ 93 ( Aus ) delivered and the plug wil have to come from the US so will end up costing another $ 50 by the time it gets here
I am geussing it is just a plain rubber bung, so could I just cut a plug from thick rubber and shove it in ?
  RMW 22G24.jpg

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Bert, most of the pressure washers of that style I think I have seen 1 or 2 with the rubber plug in over a hundred pumps that I have had apart over the years. Most of the time that hole where the plug goes is a hole to nowhere.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you very much
This is the first AR pump I have laid hands on so I am not very familiar with them and it looks very much as if this was originally a factory reject bodged up then sold as new on evilpay
.I just did not want to spend all that money only to present the customer with a non functioning pump .
Makes it a bit hard to get the invoice paid .
So hopefully freeing up the unloader valve then a set of check valves + water seals & it will be good to go
Those parts alone are the same as he paid for the entire machine supposedly new 2 years ( 4 uses ) ago.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is the reason most of the consumer pressure washers are basically a throw away. Almost cheaper to replace the pressure washer than it is to repair or replace the pump.

Rush Molly

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is the reason most of the consumer pressure washers are basically a throw away. Almost cheaper to replace the pressure washer than it is to repair or replace the pump.
Hello there. I absolutely agree with this. Until now, only one brand of pressure washer has not caused any problems for a long time. But renewing might make more sense. :)

@bertsmobile1 may i know where exactly you added the image? It was a good guide. Kind regards...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hello there. I absolutely agree with this. Until now, only one brand of pressure washer has not caused any problems for a long time. But renewing might make more sense. :)

@bertsmobile1 may i know where exactly you added the image? It was a good guide. Kind regards...
From the AR web site
For some reason none of the search engines found it but there was a link in one U tube video
This pages will link to all of the USA pumps with full breakdowns, Service & operation manuals
Reduced the screen resolution so the image appears to be larger then take a screen shot followed by converting from a TIFF to JPG so it will load here .
I do that regularly, then print out either A3 or A2 so I can read it easily down in the workshop
AR pumps home page

Farnerwarren

Forum Newbie
Threads
I always try to repair things instead of getting new ones because I am poor, and I try to protect our environment in the way I can. Consumerism is not cool, and I would prefer to repair an electrical appliance instead of buying a completely new one. My pressure washer is a little more professional than regular ones because I bought it from a guy who worked for sparklewash.com. They knew how to choose good pressure washers and, even though I bought this one broken, I managed to repair it quite soon. I needed only a few small details I found in the local market.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I always try to repair things instead of getting new ones because I am poor, and I try to protect our environment in the way I can. Consumerism is not cool, and I would prefer to repair an electrical appliance instead of buying a completely new one.
I wish it was that simple. The problem is getting the parts at times. I now seeing even new items where repair parts are not available for the sale.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As Star said.
Right now I can buy a $ 5000 ( Aus ) ride on mower that has a poorly designed deck lift
They generally break in 3 to 4 years
The part is not available
Finally a dealer confessed that if one breaks during the warranty period , B & S pulls one off a good mower & sends t to them.
They know it is a pull because it has the marls where it has been mounted.
If it breaks outside warranty then tough luck, go buy a new mower .
These are fully imported from China so I have been unable to find any parts other than bearings, belts & blades .
We have manditory 12 month warranty and this approach is very common where a retailer will over order and hold back some for 12 months since the last sale then sell whatever is left over at auction after the last warranty period has expired .
I would expect a lot of low end stuff sold in the USA would be the same
Running a warehouse full of spare parts costs a fortune and that eats up the profits made selling new items .
Another reason why the planet is in the dire situation it is in at the moment .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Back in the early '80's when i was working on office equipment we selling a lowend desktop calculator for $99. When needed parts I quickly found it was cheaper just buy extra units and strip them for the needed parts. One time I needed a complete printer for one these units, Victor Technologies wanted $300 for the printer in that lowend calculator that we were paying under $50 for. So I went to the owner and talk him letting me strip machines for the parts. We made 5x or more those units then if we just sold them as new machines.

We in this business really have to be on our toes as what things are costing us. Sometimes it pays more to strip new equipment.