Reverse stalls the engine

Dave9354

Threads
I have a craftsman lawn tractor that stalls when shifted binto reverse. The blades are NOT engaged. Works fine in forward gear. Any ideas as to the problem? Model # 247.288810. Thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The PTO switch is faulty or the wiring between the PTO switch & the reverse switch is faulty
Other option is a kill wire that has chaffed * touches the frame when the mower is reversing .

Dave9354

Threads
I just unplugged the stop switch located by the transmission shifter. Works fine now. Thanks for the help!

Hewerb

Forum Newbie
Threads
There's a stop switch by the tranmission shifter ? I'm unplugging that. Such a pain to back up. Thanks

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
There's a stop switch by the tranmission shifter ? I'm unplugging that. Such a pain to back up. Thanks
Just remember that when you back up over a child or pet with the deck engaged.

Since I have been the lawnmower repair business we lost one child and one little girl lost part her foot because disabled the safety system in my area.

Hewerb

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the caution. No kids or animals on my three acres. Sorry to here of these traumatic stories. My own father rolled his lawn tractor over himself twice trying to mow too steep a hillside. Bruises only, but stupid.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Even I had one mower to deramp when loading. It still running when I shut it off. But was because the way the mower fell that keep me pinned on the seat. I no long load mowers by driving up ramps into PU truck beds. We always now just push them up the ramps to load them. Lesson learned.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
fix it right now that you know where the problem lies.