Returned the greenworks. What to consider next?

sporkk

Threads
So now that I have returned the greenworks twin force mower I am looking at other options. I am considering the neuton ce6 or the B&D CM1936. Which would be the better option? Good customer service is important to me. I realize these are sla mowers and heavier but I think you actually get more run time for the $$ on these batteries. If I pickup a spare the longer recharge time shouldn't matter as I should be able to finish my lawn. Or I am seriously considering to just buy the the 21" corded greenworks from lowes and give my Dad the old mower. I believe its more powerful than my corded B&D and has a wider cut. Also its not much more expensive than a single battery for one of the cordless mowers!

I am sort of frustrated myself with the battery fiasco on yard tools. Electric tools "just working" is what interested me in converting in the first place but the unreliable batteries spoil the bliss of a cordless mower so much that I've even been considering going back to gas for my mower.

ross77

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought the Twin Force and have used it once so far. Happy with the performance.

Why did you return it?

sporkk

Threads
So I ended up with a Husqvarna 7021P. I could of ordered another twin blade but it would be awkward if the same thing happened and I needed to return it again. The sla mowers would of been a large step back so I just bought a gas mower. I think the power of a good corded electric or the gw twin blade is fine. However it simply takes to long to mow with the cord. The lithium mowers are a feasible option but the cost and as we have talked about the battery incompatibility are major issues.

Electric mowers are also not completely green. A lot of reviews on the newer corded mowers not lasting longer than 5 years creating more landfill material where as the older ones keep going. I've also read different reports of lithium batteries not being recyclable. While the polluting may not be done over your yard is still happening wherever the power is made. I'm sure any electric mower is a "greener" option but are they really worth it? Hassle wise a gas mower doesn't seem to be so bad compared to my experience with electrics and my new mower is "CARB" compliant so I guess its a bit less dirtier. I think a reel mower is the genuine "green" option. I still plan to use mine if the grass doesn't get to tall. Its even quieter than electrics too.