retrofit a spindle

Lindsey

Forum Newbie
Threads
i know somebody has found a workaround for this i now have an old cub 2135 38" deck cub and ebay are showing the part no s for assembly and most are for $2-300 each i know i am not the first to seek less costly solution
thinking cheaper direct replacement or someone found a will fit with slight work
these are three hole and fairly short length shaft

?????

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If you just bad tapered bearings then I suggest you rebuild the spindles.

Bearing and Cone set is LM11949/LM11910 bearing cone set, two per spindle
Seals are Rotary 12535, two per spindle

Now if you need the spindle housings they are only available thru a CUB.MTD dealer and they are pricey.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Cub discontinued that housing about 4 years ago so all that is out there is what is in dealers stock rooms
However it is a simple housing so if you still have the shatany fabricating engineer can whip you up one from steel pipe for less than the price of a new one
The one a customer made was just 2 short pieced of steel tube one boled in the other to make the shoulders to locate the bearings
Then a pipe flange was welded to the tubes and drilled to locate into the existing holes in the deck
HE uses bean cans to make the bearing protection cups.
They last a couple of seasons & he is happy with the work.
Hardest part was finding somehwere that had scrap tube of the right diameters .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
oh well just another of killing old equipment.

Lindsey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cub discontinued that housing about 4 years ago so all that is out there is what is in dealers stock rooms
However it is a simple housing so if you still have the shatany fabricating engineer can whip you up one from steel pipe for less than the price of a new one
The one a customer made was just 2 short pieced of steel tube one boled in the other to make the shoulders to locate the bearings
Then a pipe flange was welded to the tubes and drilled to locate into the existing holes in the deck
HE uses bean cans to make the bearing protection cups.
They last a couple of seasons & he is happy with the work.
Hardest part was finding somehwere that had scrap tube of the right diameters .
would love to see pics of that project thanks for the inspiration