Restoring a Loncin 1P70F 173cc Engine: Need a little help...

shadetreemechanic

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Restoring a Loncin 1P70F 173cc Engine: Need a little help...
Hello fellow weekend warriors. Recently I found a Power Washer PW2600 Pressure Washer equipped with a Loncin 1P70F 173cc Engine I rescued from the trash pile. Brought it back home, swapped carburetors and plugs fired it up. However immediately after retrieval, I noticed the air cleaner cover and filter are both missing and the muffler has a very bad case of surface rust and is very loud (although still functional for the time being.) After searching all over the web for the proper parts to restore this engine right, I found one website with parts in stock (allegedly) but has mixed reviews at best and very slow ship times along with other questionable practices. Out of desperation, I reluctantly committed to an order. Just in case things don't pan out though, I have a few questions, as parts for this engine quite difficult, if not impossible to find:

1. I found that the Predator 5.5hp Engine is almost (if not completely) identical to the Loncin 1P70F engine. Would the Predator 5.5 muffler be an exact fit for the Loncin engine? If not, does anyone know of an aftermarket equivalent to FNA Part No. 7103352 that would bolt up to the motor?

2. I found that Loncin engines are essentially Honda engine clones. While Loncin (or FNA) parts may be inferior to those of a Honda built engine, Would I have any problems using a Honda air cleaner (part no. 17220-Z1V-010) in lieu of FNA part no. 7103345/7103343? I've also seen similarly engineered Loncin 173cc engines on Koehler, Toro and other name brand decks as well.

3. Even if the Honda air cleaner does bolt up (I'm 99% sure it will,) is there a chance of compromising the carburetor or even the engine for using an air cleaner not designed specifically for that engine? I do understand engineers design these engines with their respective parts for a reason.

I've tried crossing all these parts from the PW2600 owner's manual, which is how I learned these parts are manufactured by FNA, but everywhere I look, parts are out of stock. Any help with the above questions or info as to where I might find OEM or equivalent bolt-on parts for this engine is greatly appreciated.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Which parts are you looking for? My distributor has 80 of the air cleaner kit and 17 of the mufflers in stock

Give me list and see what they have in stock.

shadetreemechanic

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi StarTech, that's great news! I'm looking for the following parts:

Air Cleaner Cover - FNA Part No. 7103345/7103343 (Just need the cover, but I'll buy the whole kit if I have to.)
Air Filter - FNA Part No. 7103342
Muffler - FNA 7103352

If you've got 'em, I'd love to do business with you. Thanks in advance!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Depending where you are most shops that have dealer access to Dixie Sales/Gardner can get these for you. I don't have them in stock at my location but appear to only a day's shipment time for me here in Tennessee from Gardner. Plus I would prefer you use a local shop as it supports your local community.

Now all three are in stock at the Gardner warehouse.

shadetreemechanic

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the tip on the Dixie Sales/Gardner dealer access. I've never even heard of that distributor until now, but that lead is very helpful. I've got a couple small business, small engine shops in my area I'll give a try. I really appreciate your help on this one.