Replace the parts, runs in reverse...

MikenPSJ

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Toro FWD model 20339 that I had to replace the right front wheel on as the plastic teeth on the outer wheel assembly were being chewed through causing an awful noise in use. I ordered the parts from Toro then noticed that with the changes in parts for the same model now the drive gear was centered around the axle... and the existing drive gear would not match... ordered the drive gear then it did dawn on me now the wheel will rotate in the opposite direction. SO... I ordered another wheel and drive gear to replace the left side... now at least both wheels rotate in the same direction. MY QUESTION is can I change the traction direction so the wheels drive forward, not rearward? I think if I figure 8 the v belt it would accomplish the same thing but, wouldn't the mower manufacturer have a process for this as they changed the original parts out to a new gear location ( went from interior wheel outer rim of wheel assembly gear to an axle based mounted gear, so turning in the original direction drives the mower in opposite direction... almost like politics...lol) Any ideas? I have found nothing to help and gotten no replies from Toro...