Repair Parts recommendation

Dave180

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2016 model year Cub Cadet XT1. Over this winter I want to go through it real well and fix a few things. Is there an online storefront that is better than the rest to purchase parts from? I am mostly interested in tune-up parts, filters, etc.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Engine Brand: B&S, Kohler? Model & Serial #’s from engine.
OEM Kohler Tune up kit above. You can purchase cheaper kit, quality will be missing.

Last edited:

Dave180

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is a model LT1, 18hp Kohler. Command engine I believe.

dwzkd

Threads
These guys are great. They have reasonable prices, and you know you are getting OEM parts or quality aftermarket if you choose that option.
Shipping charges are reasonable as well, though if you are buying just one small part, the shipping charges can make the total cost more than amazon or even your local shop.

However, if you are getting quite a few parts at once, the shipping charges average out.

They also have an excellent breakdown of parts by model number.

Watch out on amazon, if you are looking for OEM parts, some people advertise it in a way that seems like they are selling OEM parts but they are not. I have had good luck with amazon 'Chinese' parts that work. However, their 'carb kits' sometimes don't have all of the parts that an OEM kit does...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Genuine ( expensive ) cub parts
Cadet & More
Offical factory site
Andersons

Used Cub parts
USED PARTS MOSTLY IH

After that Stens, Rotary , Oregon, & Prime Line all do quality after market prices.
Go to their web page & use the "find a Dealer " link.
Note that a franchised MTS /Cub dealer is usually prohibited from selling you aftermarket CUB parts but a Toro or Husqvarna dealer can
It is a common part of a franchise contract
Independent suppliers can sell aftermarket parts , Jacks Small Engines will often list alternative parts .
However more & more parts retailers get punished for selling aftermarket parts so they stick with genuine .
Small Engine Warehouse & Small Engine Supplies are also good sources as they deal with a lot of superceeded stock

Dave180

Forum Newbie
Threads
Very informative. Thank you all for the info.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I heard Jacks Small Engine was bought out by Northern Tool.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes they were but they seems to be operating the same as in the past.

ACF

Threads
partstree.com good sight has drawings and can order parts love this sight

grumpyunk

Threads
I have had good luck with JacksSmallengines and also with psep.biz. Pats small engine parts. Both have treated me fairly, and for the most part, if they advertise the part, they have it. Some sites still list parts that everyone else lists as NLA, get you to order, then futz around to reverse the charges. Not sure their game, but jacks and pats seem to be past that and mostly have what they list.
tom