remove main jet from pulsa-jet carb

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Why? They are non-replaceable parts. The jet is also pressed in place.

If you have a clog in that area you remove the two steel balls by drilling them out so they can be extracted. (Both in the tower) Then you replace them with a 7/64 (.109") or 3 mm (.118") steel balls; also can use brass screws that fits and just goes the depth of the metal then file level with the metal. I had to clean out several with heavy clogging with rust and other junk because of the rusting metal tanks with ultrasonics. I have found the passages can be very clogged. One is drill straight up to where adjustable mixture screw (sometime fixed mixture) goes. The other is crossed drilled above the main jet.

Note if the metal tank is heavily rusted just give up in my opinion; unless, you got a non rusted tank. These tanks are NLA. Many of these tanks have anti splash material inside them that is damaged by rust removers.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Why? They are non-replaceable parts. The jet is also pressed in place.

If you have a clog in that area you remove the two steel balls by drilling them out so they can be extracted. (Both in the tower) Then you replace them with a 7/64 (.109") or 3 mm (.118") steel balls; also can use brass screws that fits and just goes the depth of the metal then file level with the metal. I had to clean out several with heavy clogging with rust and other junk because of the rusting metal tanks with ultrasonics. I have found the passages can be very clogged. One is drill straight up to where adjustable mixture screw (sometime fixed mixture) goes. The other is crossed drilled above the main jet.

Note if the metal tank is heavily rusted just give up in my opinion; unless, you got a non rusted tank. These tanks are NLA. Many of these tanks have anti splash material inside them that is damaged by rust removers.
Awesome info StarTech. Exactly what I was looking fo'. I've never been inside one of these carbs yet other than removing the welch plugs.

Want to remove the emulsion tube on my other OEM Briggs carb. Everything else is clean and rodded out. Can't get inside this main jet tower deal'io.

So when the 3mm balls are removed, what's next to get the emulsion tube out?

slomo

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You don't. They just allows you to betterclean out the area. Since the parts are not available I have never gone any further into carburetor nor had I needed to. Besides not all carburetors have removable tubes.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Okay once the 3mm balls are out, there is nothing else to do. Unless the parts fall out of the carb body.

Not for nothing but I noticed on a Chinese carb on fleabay, one carb showed a flat blade looking main jet in it.

Do those balls hold or stake the parts in the body? Only thing I can see.

slomo