upupandaway

Threads
Crew pouring gas to start another job:

1654098710534.png

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
A sure cure for cancer stick problem. ANd customer wonder why I have no smoking signs around the shop. I clean with gasoline using an air power engine cleaning wand so vapors are all over the place.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not seeing the issue????

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
A sure cure for cancer stick problem. ANd customer wonder why I have no smoking signs around the shop. I clean with gasoline using an air power engine cleaning wand so vapors are all over the place.
Doing that inside!!!! Not much safer. Only takes a spark. Air compressor kick on, light switch, etc.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
One day i left my gallon gas can sitting on the floor directly in the path of the sparks of the blade sharpener with the nozzle uncapped. Had sharpened 3 blades before i realized it. Sometimes good to be lucky

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Doing that inside!!!! Not much safer. Only takes a spark. Air compressor kick on, light switch, etc.
That why it is done outside. The compressor I have also has a motor with a governor that is continuously sparking during operation. I also use 2 cycle mix fuel instead straight gasoline which raises the flash point yet I prefer using the Purple Power cleaner. The mix is only used on the extremely tough stuff.

But all of us make mistakes. Most times our brain kicks before something happens. But safety is number one especially when you work alone like me. I probably over do it at times but rather be over safe as getting hurt is not fun. I know guys that will work under equipment with only a hydaulic floor jack holding the big ZTRs up. I don't, I put the jack stands in place and still have the jack too in place if I can but there is times I must remove the jack to get my fat body under the machines.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
i vividly remember my Grandpa checking the fuel level in our Mule one time by holding his cigarette lighter by taking the fuel cap off and holding it.... almost in the tank... to see if there was any fuel in it....
He was one of those people where if someone else did it, it would either kill or badly injure them. But not him.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
i vividly remember my Grandpa checking the fuel level in our Mule one time by holding his cigarette lighter by taking the fuel cap off and holding it.... almost in the tank... to see if there was any fuel in it....
He was one of those people where if someone else did it, it would either kill or badly injure them. But not him.
Yeah, We had a local guy that stealing gas from a vehicle. Because he couldn't the siphon hose to pull fuel so he decide the check the tank with a lighter. The tank was nearly so it went up like a bomb. The vehicle was destroyed and the thief got spend some time in the horsepital and a lifetime dealing with the burn scars. Of course there are some other things he had to deal with too. That was just last year if I remember correctly.