Reloading Earthwise 24v mower battery packs

Willyvon

Threads
Anyone have experience with these 12 & 20 AH packs? My neighbor has one I have yet to see. His wife supposedly looked it up and found the pack itself is to cost nearly as much as their mower did. I'm sure once opened it should be no huge thing to find a pair of 12v scooter batteries (most 24v mowers run on various types of them) identical to what's inside the pack. I have a Neuton 14" 24v mower myself and replacing the 12v 10AH batteries in the 24v pack takes ~5-15 min. depending on push-on connector condition mainly. My last pair of 12v batteries for it cost me $45.99/ pair and shipping was free from Amazon.com. I imagine disassemble of the Earthwise packs to be a bit more complicated. If anyone has a link to a video that'd be super.

MowerMike

Threads
I rebuilt mine for an Earthwise model 60120 mower, and it was extremely easy. They use two 12 volt 20 Ah batteries, and I paid $80 for mine on eBay about 2 years ago. The important thing is to get the terminals which are flush with the top of the battery, such that the bolt screws directly into the battery. Do a search on 6-DZM-20 to find the correct size cells. Also, make sure to get the AGM (absorbent glass mat) type of cells which are leakproof and do not heat up as much when being charged.