Recommended stator for 8hp engine

tkos115

Threads
I have a briggs 8hp engine that was made near the end of 1995. It is on a generator I have that runs great and all. I wanted to add the electric start option/charging system to it. I was able to find a flywheel for it used that came off an older 8hp engine. The engine it came off of was on an older rear engine snapper mower. They look identical in terms of fins, magnet to keyway position, and style. Anyways... to the main question.. the part number for the stator for my engine is 592831. Being that the flywheel is off an engine that I belive is a little older would that stator still work? I have no engine ID numbers from the donor engine. All the guy said was it was from a snapper with an 8hp briggs, and the generation of mower had the handle bars for turning. Someone suggested that the engine it came off of was probably numbered as.. 190707-1144-99. According to some digging it would use number 592830 for a stator. Could I use either one with this engine? I'm looking for the higher output option if possable, and I know I'll need a voltage regulator too.

Generator engine number: 197412-0142-01
Possible number of donor engine: 190707-1144-99

Thanks for any input you have!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Without absolute numbers from the donor engine it will be extremely hard to give you a definitive answer. We would only be guessing whether the used flywheel and stator you posted will work with each other. I don’t know how much $$$$ you are thinking of putting into this project, but it could get very expensive. These are all the parts you will need. Flywheel, starter motor, stator, regulator, battery, solenoid, key switch, cables and wires, plus fabrication of a battery box.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes they are all interchangeable
Just be careful using an unregulated system as it always generates so will be a constant drag on the engine and of course reduce the power ailable to the generator itself
B &S alternator replacement guide