Rear Tire Change

YardMonkey

Threads
I have a ZT2 50 that is 1 year old. I got a large hole in one of the rear tires. To bug to plug or patch. Tire size is 20x12-8. That size tire is virtually impossible to find. Can I put a 20x10-8 tire on my current rims? It appears Cub Cadet only used this tire size for one model year. When I go to web site it says nothing matches my model number.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The only difference is the width of the tire. You’d be going from a 12” wide tire to a 10” wide tire. Both fit on the same rim.

dana a

Threads
If the hole is 7/16 of an inch or smaller you can use a plug-n-patch. It's a patch with a stem on it. You have to take the tire off and you pull the plug thru the hole then the patch attaches to the inside of the tire. Being a lawn mower tire the hole could be bigger than 7/16 because you only put around 10 PSI in mower tires.

Forest#2

Threads
And like dana a says with the tire off you can get that type patch that has the plug with patch attached or a large chemical patch and then install a $15 tube if working on it yourself and the tire is not dry rotted. If not doing the tire repairs yourself buying and paying someone else is less pain. (not a fun job)

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you want to put a patch in there is has to be a TRACTOR TYRE PATCH ( yes I am screaming )
Car & truck plugs require heat to cure fully
Mower & tractor types never get hot in use because they turn too slow so the chemistry of the patches & plugs are different
You can get tractor plugs that are a foot long which you push in then twirl to make a ball before pulling the tool out
Some times they work and some times they do not work .