Re-connecting pto cable

charliebygolly

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone, I have a Troy Bilt 2009 Bronco model #13AV60KG011 with a 42 inch deck. I removed the deck so I could replace the deck belt and replace a spindle on the deck and now that I am ready to re-assemble or re-attach the deck to the mower I have forgotten if the pto cable fastens to which one of two holes. The holes are about an 1.5 inches apart and it appears the one closest to the right side of the deck has been elongated just a little from wear but I am not sure. Does anyone know offhand which hole is the correct one? One is closest to the right hand of the deck and one the left hand of the deck. For clarity I am calling the right hand of the deck the side with grass discharge chute. Thanks to anyone who answers in advance

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If your cable end has an S bend, look closely at both holes. One hole should show signs of wear in the direction of cable pull when you engage the deck.

charliebygolly

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply Scrubcadet, The end that goes in one of these holes is a spring that has a u bend in the end. There is one hole that appears to be a little worn and I will try that one first. Thanks