Raven electric mower

jross

Threads
I saw a Raven electric riding mower in Lowe's today. It is a 7100w generator on a utv frame with a 46 inch 2 electric motor driven deck. The reviews I read on the net from those who have bought one from Lowe's are so far positive. The idea is great since one can either mow, cruise the farm, or power the house with the generator. I think it is around $3000, which doesn't seem to bad considering what this thing can be used for. There was some question regarding the longevity of the Chinese engine though.

txzrider

Threads
apparently lowes has had som many complaints about them they are not selling them anymore...

bwdbrn1

Threads
Couple of other electric or hybrid pieces of equipment come to mind.

That GE Elec-Track tractor from back in the day, which might have been ahead of it's time, and maybe battery technology has caught up with the idea of an all electric piece of outdoor equipment;
The Electric Tractor Store :: Elec-Trak Parts

And Honda's hybrid snow blower, that might be just a little too narrowly focused for my own purposes;
Honda Snowblowers: HS1336iAS Hybrid Snowblower

So the notion of a hybrid mower/tractor/generator has some merit, in my opinion.

metz12

Threads
the raven looks sweet. i think if i had that kind of money i would buy it. just think, you wouldnt have to store 3 different units, if the power went out then you just drive the thing over to the outlet (no more carrying it around the house or through the snow) and the list hoes on and on. it looks to be like a good deal (but i would rather it come with a kohler command or a briggs.

txzrider

Threads
so... one finally showed up on display at my lowes. Apparently the recall is over and they are for sale again. They would not let me demo one, but they said they would be happy to sell me one. It looks like one of those chinese atv's that you see selling for less than $1000 at Christmas. The generator and engine assy looks like very cheaply made, I just saw an 8750 watt generator at harbor freight for $400. This looks less well engineered. Also not a lot of leg room. I felt like it was meant for a smaller person. The deck looks lightweight, the blades are very thin, much thinner than normal. I doubt they will survive much abuse. I like the idea of replacing my mower and golfcart with one device... but I think I would like to see much more quality before I would consider it.